Looking for a good kitchen countertop surface? Well we can provide you with a variety of tips that even the best countertop company won’t be able to fool you into selecting the wrong one!
Types of kitchen countertop
There are many countertop surfaces. Each unique in their style and capability. However, you have to look at your area as well and the type of countertop you can afford and maintain according to your lifestyle. The reason is that no matter how expensive or strong the countertop is, if you can’t keep it maintained then there is a chance of you ruining it for good. If I were you, then I would consult the countertop installer near me. The countertop company or shop will sell you anything because they need fuel for their pockets while installers have already dealt with stuff like this and can provide you with a genuine advice.
- Granite Countertops
Granite countertops are the most expensive and beautiful countertops available. They provide an elegant look to your kitchen and can withstand a lot of heat and pressure as well!
- Can withstand heat and the pressure of many heavy pots
- Requires proper maintenance to prevent seals and cracks or dull look.
- Ceramic Tile Countertop
These ones are in common use nowadays because of the low price and easy maintenance.
- Comes in various colors
- Comes in various designs
- Easy to install
- Cracks easily
- Cannot withstand a lot of heat and pressure
- Requires thorough cleaning
- Wooden Countertops
These give off a warm, cozy and homey feeling to your kitchen. They are used by many people in their kitchen because of how good they look and how durable they are.
- Easy to clean
- Gives a soft look to the kitchen
- You can cut easily on it
- Affordable in cost
- Needs oiling so that the surface can remain shiny and glazed
- Countertop is usually destroyed by water or excessive use
- Marks are easily made on them through a knife or another utensil
- Lava Countertops
The most unique countertop which is bound to attract attention. It is of deep dark color and gives off a sophisticated vibe.
- Unique and regal
- Can withstand pressure and heat
- Becomes dull with usage
- Sometimes cracks
- Concrete Countertops
Concrete countertops have been famous with people for as long as we can remember. They come in a variety of colors and shapes.
- Scratch and heat resistant
- Additives are present if the surface cracks or scratches
- Comes in a variety of colors and designs
- Cracks are possible
- Somewhat expensive
- Marble Countertops
Probably the most famous and sought out countertops in the world. Marble countertops have all the features you can ever want for your kitchen business. Add in their charming and elegant look to the basket and you have with you the perfect countertops!
- Beautiful to look at
- Strong and sturdy
- Heat and scratch resistant
- Easy to clean and maintain
- Can crack
- Somewhat expensive
Hence there are many other countertop surfaces available as well. If I were you, I’d choose one from the above ones and let the countertop installer near me, set it up already!